Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Full-time, Monday to Friday
GL CHEMTEC INTERNATIONAL LTD. is a proudly Canadian company, delivering custom molecules and contract research services to the scientific community since 2002.
From its inception, GL CHEMTEC has been focused on the synthesis of small molecules, targeted library generation, synthetic route development, rapid scale- up and process optimization.
GL CHEMTEC is comprised of a team of multi-disciplinary scientists, who are able to efficiently bridge the gap between analytical, organic, and polymer chemistry. Over the past decade, due to this strong combination of expertise, our organization has continued to grow in both areas, organic chemistry/process development for pharma and biotech and innovative material/polymer development for the medical device industry.
In 2020, GL CHEMTEC expanded its chemistry operations by constructing three process rooms for intermediate scale-up and for process development activities.
GL CHEMTEC INTERNATIONAL is proud to be ISO 13485:2016 and ISO 9001:2015 certified.
We have a commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion in the workplace.
Position description & primary responsibilities:
As the R&D Manager for the small scale R&D lab, you will be responsible for overseeing our small-scale operations and collaborating closely with the analytical department, kilo lab, pilot plant operations, and future GMP departments.
- Manage and oversee small scale operations within the R&D small-scale department.
- Oversee all ongoing projects and provide advice and guidance to chemists in order to resolve problems efficiently.
- Provide hands-on guidance to all team members to resolve daily chemistry challenges.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure efficient and effective operations.
- Review project results and prepare updates for customers.
- Communicate with customers, as needed, to address any questions or concerns or to provide real-time updates.
- Work closely with our commercial team to align business objectives and client needs.
- Troubleshoot and resolve any issues that may arise during the execution of the projects.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of modern chemistry techniques and industry “best practices”.
- Perform literature search to support the ongoing projects.
- Assume the responsibility of tracking the progress of each project in the department and addressing any technical or logistical issues.
- Ensure all projects adhere to quality, safety, and regulatory standards.
- PhD in chemistry from a well-known university with a minimum of 10-13 years of hands-on experience.
- Extensive experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
- Strong knowledge of synthetic organic chemistry and related techniques.
- Proven leadership and project management skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong work ethic and a commitment to excellence.
- Strong knowledge in analytical chemistry techniques including NMR, HPLC, LC-MS, IR, GC-MS.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional organization skills.
Please note that applicants must be legally allowed to work in Canada.
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program and mental health support